Le Mans Classic
06/07/2018 - 08/07/2018Le Mans Classic
The Le Mans 24-Hours race writes history and Le Mans Classic tells the story! In 2018 Le Mans Classic will be staged for the ninth time as it is held on a biennial basis. The event created by the Automobile Club de l’Ouest and Peter Auto almost 20 years ago has become a red-letter date in the world of the motor car. Rendezvous after rendezvous this fantastic retrospective has conquered the public, the entrants, the makes clubs, guardians of our marvellous automotive heritage, as well as exhibitors who flock to the circuit in increasingly large numbers. In 2016 there were 123 000 spectators, 600 cars on the track and 8500 cars brought along by the clubs. In 2018, several anniversaries will be celebrated including in particular, the 40th anniversary of Alpine’s victory in the Le Mans 24 Hours as well as the 70th anniversary of the birth of the Porsche 356…
- 6-8th of July 2018
- More than 123,000 exhibitors
- More than 600 cars on track
- More than 8000 cars from clubs
OPENING HOURS – Action and entertainment, day and night!
• Friday, July 6, from 09:00 to 02:00
• From Saturday, July 7 at 08:00 to Sunday at 18:00
FROM THE CIRCUIT OPENING ON – Le Mans Classic just for you!
• Free access to all the circuit public areas
• Club Enclosures
• All entertainment…
THE COMPETITION – The main topic!
The track – the most desired of the world…
• 6 grids: day and night practice from Friday on, 18 races from Saturday to Sunday
• Group C: the stars which shone on this track in the ’80s and early ’90s
• Little Big Mans: a parade of hundred budding drivers aboard their mini cars
• The club parades: a – supervised – cavalcade along the legendary 13.6 km layout
• The car manufacturers’ parades: when the moderns take over the classics on the track
The paddocks – the best place to meet the drivers
There is the track of course, but also the paddocks where the mechanics work on the car and the drivers wait for their driving session. An extra fee, only in pre-booking, is necessary to be close to the 400 racing cars which model participated in the 24 Hours of Le Mans between 1923 and 1979.
THE AUTOMOBILE – All about it…
The Club Enclosures – the biggest international clubs gathering
Over one hundred clubs tell – through 60 makes and over 8,000 cars – the automobile history. It is also, for their owners, track laps, a contest, picnic and many proper activities.
Le Mans Heritage Club – 24 places for the first and foremost club
In the core of the village, the most exclusive of the clubs, the Le Mans Heritage Club, puts together a handpicked selection of 24 racers which competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans between 1923 and 2016.
THE AUCTION – The Le Mans Classic unmissable
• Viewing from Friday on
• Saturday auction… Pleasure to find what you’ve been longing for or a bargain; or simply to attend, everybody enjoys the Artcurial’ sale
ALL YOU CAN DO WITHOUT DARING TO ASK FOR IT – Or… Asking for it!
Shopping – the automobile enthusiast’s paradise!
• Stores: marquees for one hundred or so professionals who display their ultimate pieces of art or publications, their automobile antiquities and other rare treasures…
Exhibitions – for the eyes’ pleasure
• Various displays around a period theme appear out of the bow when you amble around the circuit
• Automobiles sketches
Entertainment – surprises…
• Retro Beauty: hairdresser, manicure, tailor…
• Retro games…
• Music: itinerant groups walk through the village paths to meet the public
• Stages inviting to dance at the ’60s hits’ tempo!
• Cinema Drive-in: in collaboration with Mk2, automobile open-air cinema, lying on a deck chair or sitting in a car
Dedication sessions – for the autograph’s fans
Cards, posters, caps… everything is fine to be signed!
First time of all kinds – thrills from top to bottom
• Helicopter: Le Mans Classic from above (pre-booking option)
• Classic Buses: a long-circuit discovery lap (Pre-booking option) and visit various places inside the circuit
• Track discovery lap as a passenger : unique and in restricted numbers (Pack VIP option only /pre-booking)
CATERING – From the sandwich to the Michelin starred restaurant…
• Public catering: food trucks, themed restaurants, Michelin starred restaurant…
• The Picnic basket (for two): appetiser, main course, cheese, desert, bread and Le Mans rillettes pâté! Table cloth, napkins, cutlery and plates for two; corkscrew, red Saumur wine and water complete this Le Mans Classic branded charming basket.